Sunday 19 July 2015

Preparing Food the Crafty Way

Having grandchildren has given me a different outlook on life.  They love the new playhouse that we've put in our garden and as they seem to enjoy the play kitchen I thought it would be good to have some food to cook.  I looked at all the plastic stuff for sale and the expense of the wooden food and then I was inspired by a friend of mine. She had made food out of felt for her daughter and granddaughter.  An idea was born and today I have created breakfast and dinner.

It is not a masterpiece and I wont win any prizes but it has kept me out of mischief today and I hope will stimulate the imagination of our grandchildren next time they visit.  I will welcome any ideas of how I can make more convincing food but in the meantime this will do.


The egg is frying nicely and the streaky bacon, sausage and baked beans are ready to serve.  The beans are wooden beads sewn onto scrap material and the yellow button was the perfect find in a charity shop.  
Pork chop served with sweetcorn and peas







I hated art at school and would often cry in lessons at my failure to achieve what other children managed with little effort. My felt pork chop may not be award winning, and some people may think that I've wasted an afternoon but I am impressed that I managed to create this in a few hours. 

My next project will be pizza but I'm still working out how to manage that one.





Any ideas for adding to my larder will be greatly received ... Thanks for dropping by

No comments:

Post a Comment